Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Too Cute 2 Pout

This is the first layout that I am posting as a guest designer for My Creative Scrapbook kit club using the main kit. The kit was full of My Mind's Eye Hello Gorgeous line with a few other goodies tucked in the kit. The pictures that I chose to work with are of my daughter when she was four years old. She is a very expressive child and I love that I captured her pout and her sweet smile.  I decided to use some Tim Holtz distress ink and the famous packaging technique to add a bit of color to the background. I then added some color from a Prima watercolor pencil set that I have and it added a bit more depth to the background color. Once that was dry I put some texture paste on a Hero Arts heart stencil. I have used that stencil quite a bit...it is definitely one of my favorites.

This line had some papers and embellishments that have this pretty glitter on them that does not rub off. I kept the paper layers pretty clean since I have a messy background. The chipboard sheet had the Smile script word that made for a great title. I love it when I can use embellishments as my title. 


See the tiny heart on the tab? I used a journaling card that I knew I wouldn't use and cut some additional hearts out using my Lawn Fawn heart dies. 


I chose to outline the letters spelling pout because I felt that they were getting a bit lost on the background. 


I have a process video if you'd like to take a closer peek. If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment