Saturday, March 12, 2016

Emily Elizabeth

I wanted to create a companion page for My Sweet Baby Girl layout, and in doing so I wanted them to be similar without necessarily looking like a double page spread. I was going to use some of the same papers and alphas, but didn't know where to take it from there. So I started looking through the papers in the kits and found this sweet heart paper and decided immediately that I wanted to have this as a frame around the page. I gutted this heart paper because there was no way that I was going to waste one single bit of it.


I knew that I wanted to use a doily again behind the photo, so to change it up a bit, I cut it in half and framed it on both sides of the photo. I decided on a larger doily because I didn't want to overwhelm the photo with a lot of paper layers and wanted to give the photo some weight on the page. I also decided to sew around the edges of the white cardstock to finish off the layout. 


These flowers were fussy cut as well. The kit had some cut aparts that came with it, and members get another sheet that included some more beautiful flowers. I am not a member of the kit club so I don't have access to the beautiful flowers :(   I finished off the cluster with a Felicity Jane stamp on one of the labels and a few enamel dots and a bow.


I decided to use the pink vellum heart in the cluster in the upper left corner to bring the darker pink to that cluster. I added a glitter enamel heart to bring a tiny bit of gold up into this cluster as well. This page is not quite entirely a diagonal flow, nor is it centered, but I still think that it works.

I have a process video if you'd like to take a peek. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment