Saturday, March 19, 2016

I'm up on the Crafty Maven Getaway channel today....

The mood board this week centered around St. Patrick's Day and since I have my very own Patrick...I decided that the layout would be about him. I chose to lift Missy Whidden's layout for The Cut Shoppe. I was in love with it the first moment that I saw it, and since I had already purchased these files it was meant to be :)




Here is my take on Missy's layout. I don't normally scraplift to this extent, however I chose to do so because I wanted to try Missy's techniques and make my own background.  I think that working with mixed media can be a bit intimidating, especially in the beginning. I have found though that if you find something that you like, that it is fun to try and recreate it. 


The gold thread behind the photo cluster and the sequins are my favorite little additions to this page. The addition of the thread is one of the things that I would say is a "signature" Missy touch to my layout. I love the bit of texture that it adds to the cluster. I will definitely be doing this again!


I don't think I could sew a perfect circle to save my soul. It's a good thing that I was going for a messy look :)



I have a process video if you'd like to take a peek on how this came together. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBJHdTra4og



No comments:

Post a Comment