Friday, March 4, 2016

Sibling Love...

I love the outtake photos just as much as I love the actual "staged" photo that I try and get of the kids. These photos show a bit of their personalities and I just wanted to make a page showcasing their silliness. I used the February Hip Kit for this layout and love the colors that were selected along with the Shimmerz products. I NEED MORE...yes I said need and not want....I really do need them :)


I watered down the Dazzlerz with a small amount of water and then painted some yellow on the page where I knew that I was going to place the stencil. It worked extremely well and I love the look of the stenciled phrase.




I struggled a bit with the layout, but after walking away from it for a while, I decided that some messy black stitching was exactly what it needed. I love the look and felt like it gave the phrase somewhere to "sit" so it didn't look lost. It was also perfect for me to use the Heidi Swapp glitter alphas to add my title.


I didn't use a lot of embellishments because I felt like they weren't needed and I did not want to take away from the mixed media on the page. A few black Thicker hearts, some enamel dots and mist were all that I added to complete this page.


I have a process video if you'd like to take a closer peek at the process: 

No comments:

Post a Comment