Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Best Thing in Life

Today's layout is a page that I made for My Creative Scrapbook kit club using their March kit. There are just times that I love to be a "lazy" scrapbooker. For this page I not only used a sketch, but I used one of the journaling cards as my title journaling which made for a super quick page! I have a love-hate relationship with journaling on my layouts. I know it is important, and I want to make sure that I tell our stories. However, there are times that it is just nice to make a page where I don't need to worry about the journaling. This card that came in the main kit was perfect for one of these pages. The quote by Audrey Hepburn is perfect....what more could I possibly add to make it any better?

Here is the sketch that I used. I turned it on it's side since I had a horizontal photo. I love the versatility of sketches, and if I ever get stuck or lose my mojo, a sketch is one of the first things I use to get my creative juices flowing. 


I let the journaling card dictate the predominant colors that I used in the layout. I knew that I wanted to make a layout using a picture of me and my mother. She's been having some health issues, and this quote is just a great reminder of the important things in life. As I was looking through my pictures, I stumbled across this one. It was perfect as far as colors and the quote...it was meant to be!

The floral die cut is beautiful and was the perfect embellishment to place under the photo. The kit included lace as well, and I used a bit of the lace to add another horizontal element that was in the sketch. I added some machine stitching on the paper layers to give it some added texture. 


I have a process video if you'd like to take a peek. Thanks so much and I hope that you have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment