Friday, March 18, 2016

I Am...

I have loved the I Am collection by Simple Stories from the moment that I saw it. I never bought it though, because let's face it. You can't get all the pretty things unless you have a sugar daddy or an endless bank account. Since I don't have either one, I just made myself be content with what I had. I do have a sweet scrappy friend, and she offered me up her collection to make a layout. REALLY!! Now she has made layouts with her collection, so I wasn't digging into something unused.  I took her up on it since I have lusted after this collection for so long and I love the layout that I created.


I am a big fan of their brads that stick like enamel dots. I strongly dislike poking holes in my paper and hoping that I put the hole in just the right place for the brad. It can be difficult to cover up a hole in your layout that you don't want.



The I Am collection has some great word phrases, and I chose a few that were perfect for where I am in my journey. I decided to add a bit of machine stitching through them to give them a bit more texture. Everything on this layout is from the I Am collection with the exception of the doily and enamel dots.


I will tell you right now that I almost did not publish this video. It was a bit emotional for me as I was doing it, and at the end of the voiceover I noticed that I had broken out in a rash on my chest and neck. It's real life though, and I decided to throw caution to the wind and put it out there and hope that it would touch someone that needed it. Thanks for stopping by and I hope that you have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment