Friday, March 11, 2016

It's Time for Another Challenge Layout...

Mari Clarke and I are having so much fun with these challenges, and we'd love for you to join us. This week our focus was on Project Life cards. I know that I am not the only one that has a bunch of these cards and doesn't do Project Life.  I chose several from my Maggie Holmes collection, and then pulled some of her stickers and embellishments to use as well. Sometimes it is just easier to use the same designer when creating a page. I know that the colors will work well together and it cuts down on the prep work of gathering supplies.

I decided to go with two horizontal rows of cards and leave the rest of the layout as white space. I chose this because I wanted to make a dent in my stash of cards...I used 9 for this layout, but I don't really think that constitutes making a dent. Oh well, I tried :)


This camera was the inspiration for the colors that I chose. I love the darker blue and teal and then decided to add pink as my third color. I did cut the tag from a PL card as well.  I stitched above and below the cards in white thread to help "contain" the cards. I chose white thread because I didn't want the stitching to really stand out. I felt like there were enough colors on the page as it was.


I cut the cream label from another PL card and it made a great layering piece. I was determined to get one of these clips on the layout and finally made it work. It is almost embarrassing how long I struggled with it, but it was completely worth the trouble. I love the cluster.


I popped the bow up on foam dot packaging (being frugal is so good...it's more money to buy pretty things!)


I have a process video up if you'd like to take a closer peek. Be sure and check out Mari's layout as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment