Wednesday, August 31, 2016

This...

The older I get the more and more I start to appreciate the little things in life. A good afternoon nap is high up on my list of things that I love. I was able to get a photo of Romeo snuggling up with me one afternoon, and thought that the August main kit from My Creative Scrapbook would be great to document it. Using my large square punch I cut out several squares from the papers in the kit and arranged them on the page. I lightly adhered them with my ATG until I could stitch them down. I did use my ruler to mark off the middle of the page, and tried to make sure that the four corners were the same distance apart from the edge of the cardstock. The rest of the squares I just eyeballed the placement.


 To make the background look more like a quilt, I stitched diagonally across the squares. In person the detail is amazing, and I am a bit disappointed that it doesn't show up as well in the photo.


Since the doily that was included in the embellishment pack was too large for this cluster, I pulled out my Martha Stewart pinked circle punch and cut it down to size. This also repeats the pinked circle in the upper left hand cluster as well. I love it when my design elements coordinate because the page looks more cohesive.


 Although this layout has nothing to do with a typewriter, I thought that it made the perfect embellishment. Yes, life is grand when you have a chance to take a nap and you have a pet to keep you company :)


Here's a link to my process video. Be sure and leave me a comment...I love to hear from you. Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment