Wednesday, September 7, 2016

September Reveal....

The September main kit from My Creative Scrapbook is filled with Shimelle's new fall and travel themed collection Go Now Go, which of course is perfect for right now! Here's a picture of the main kit and I must say that the photo doesn't do the Thickers justice. They are a gorgeous copper glitter and the words are a mix of fonts with some shapes as well.


For my first layout I decided to scrap a school picture from my son's last day of second grade. The lined paper is actually travel themed, however I just cut it apart to highlight the Notes section, and of course needed to use my notebook punch along the edge. 


 There are several chipboard buildings included in the chipboard stickers and this red one was perfect to use as a school. I love the way that it helps to bring the color across the page from the strip of paper to the title.


 For the title, I cut the letters today away from the ticket, and also used the Echo Park sheet to create a long title with a mix of fonts. One of the patterned papers has a bunch of suitcases on it along with this journal and pen image. It was perfect for this layout and so easy to fussy cut. For the final touches I added a pop of navy stitching to help ground the title and some navy Heidi Swapp color shine.


Here's a link to my process if you'd like to take a peek. Thanks so much and I hope that you have a great day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment