Wednesday, September 28, 2016

String Art Fun

Happy Wednesday friends! I have my final layout of the month for My Creative Scrapbook using their September Main kit. As I was looking through some of my older photos I came across ones of my son playing with string making designs. I hadn't told this story yet in his album, and I thought that the colors in the kit would be great with the colors in the photo. 

String art is pretty popular right now so I thought it would be fun to incorporate it onto the page. I sketched out the arrow using my ruler and lightly drew pencil lines outlining the arrow. I then took my piercer and pierced holes along the edges. Crochet thread was my choice of thread because it is a bit thicker than embroidery floss and looks more like the string that he used to play with.



I kept the embellishments to a minimum. The background paper is extremely busy, and the arrow is as well. I like for my embellishments to help me tell a story and to help keep the focus on the photos.



 To make the arrow head, I just used a simple backstitch and varied where I inserted my thread. In the video, I show a great deal of this process so that you can get a better feel of how I did it. 



The title nestled perfectly in the arrow. I left plenty of room beneath the arrow to tell the story of how he became obsessed with string art. I have linked the process video in case you'd like to take a closer look. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Hope that you have a great scrappy week :)




No comments:

Post a Comment