Friday, September 9, 2016

Scrap the Challenge: School Theme

This week Mari and I decided to focus on something related to school. My kids just went back to school this week, and I must say that I am envious of all the cute photos that I have seen of the kindergartners and their backpacks. It's harder when your kids are teens, especially since my boy is not a fan of being in front of the lens. So I am forced to get creative. Last year I took a picture of his schedule and made a layout...you can find that post here.  I loved it so I decided to do it again this year.


I couldn't find a patterned paper that I liked for the background, so I decided to add a bit of acrylic paint on the background for some added interest. Both of the cut files are from Ashley Horton and The Cut Shoppe


I chose to back the title and the stars with some papers that I had from Amy Tangerine's Better Together line. A bit of messy stitching helped to give the die cut a bit of texture. The yellow acrylic camera is from Freckled Fawn, and the stickers are all Amy Tangerine.


The alphas are from PinkFresh Studio, the rub-on stars are Heidi Swapp, and the camera was fussy cut from one of the Amy Tangerine papers.


I love the addition of this flair from Freckled Fawn in the lower cluster. The saying is perfect and it is always a great feeling to use things in my stash :)


Be sure and check Mari's video out as well. I have linked her channel in the details section of my video. Thanks so much for joining us, and as always please leave us a comment if you have any wishes on future challenges.





No comments:

Post a Comment