Wednesday, September 14, 2016

A Good Book

It's Wednesday and that means it is time for another layout for My Creative Scrapbook. Shimelle's collection is both fall and travel themed, so I challenged myself to make a couple of layouts that used themed products in a different way. For today's layout, I chose to document a picture of some books that I had checked out of the library. I had several that were on my Goodreads list to read, and a couple that just caught my eye. My jumping off points for this page were the chipboard frame and the suitcase with "let's go" printed on it from a cut apart sheet. The color scheme I pulled from the suitcase and the photo, and was able to find things that ended up being perfect embellishments.


I am a fan of globes, although I don't use them frequently. This globe is adorable! It looks like a snow globe and the saying is so versatile and can be used for lots of different things. 


I did distress the edges of the papers to give the layout a bit more character. I typed the journaling on the tag with an old typewriter that I found off Craigslist. I have some ghosting around the letters so I need to figure out how to clean it up. If you have any typewriter tips, please leave me a comment. 


 I am so happy with the way that the title came out on this layout. The Thickers are beautiful and I love that they are a mixture of fonts. The color is absolutely gorgeous as well and looks amazing with the papers in this kit.



Here's a link to my process video. I hope that you have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment