Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Hello Apple Time

One of the things that I love about autumn is picking apples. We are fortunate to live about an hour away from a local orchard and always have a great time whenever we have the chance to visit. The September Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook is perfect for fall pictures and I dug out a couple that I had of the kids goofing off in the orchard. 



For this layout I wanted the title to be predominant and show off some of the gorgeous papers included in the kit. I have seen some comments on Facebook about people wishing they could do some creative title work, but not owning a digital cutting machine. I pulled out some large alphas that I had purchased for a school project, and used those to trace around the shape on the different patterns. You can also print out words with different fonts on your computer as well to achieve this look. Basic fonts are the simplest to cut. However, before I had my silhouette I cut cursive fonts out with my craft knife. This is time consuming, but the results are beautiful.


The letters needed something to help them stand out, so I chose a navy thread and did a simple backstitch around the letters to help them pop off the page.



Don't forget about using your branding strips. These cute words phrases were on a branding strip and were super simple to cut out. I love the way that they look clustered together.



I overlapped the Thickers onto the title to help bring the two together. The Thickers did not have the word "time" included, so I used a W to make an M, and pulled a few other letters from words that I didn't think I would use. If you have something in your stash that doesn't work for you, see if you can get creative and find ways to change it. My final touch for the layout was a few sprinkles of Heidi Swapp Color Shine in bronze.

I have included the link to my process video. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that you have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment