Wednesday, August 24, 2016

XO

I have my third layout using the main kit from My Creative Scrapbook kit club. This week I decided to do something a bit different and go for a "clean" mixed media background. The colors in the photo and the embellishments were my inspiration for the mist colors that I used to color the modeling paste. The photo has been sitting on my desk for quite a while now. It is dark and has been somewhat challenging for me in choosing papers and embellishments. Once I decided to make my own background incorporating the colors of the tricycle the paper choices were easy.


Taping the stencil down to my work surface helped me to keep the colors separated while I was applying the paste through the stencil. I used Heidi Swapp mists to color the modeling paste, but you can use watercolors and acrylic paint as well.


Her sweet face and the expression is why I wanted to get this photo on a layout. It's just one of the many that tug at my heart strings :)


I kept the embellishments to a minimum since the background is fairly busy. Outlining the paper layers helps them stand out against the mixed media.


Here's a link to my process video if you'd like to take a peek.



No comments:

Post a Comment