Friday, August 12, 2016

Today's Challenge is Fancy Free

It's time for another Scrap the Challenge layout with Mari, and today we challenged ourselves to use the Fancy Free collection. I am so thrilled that Paige Evans has made it into the design world. I have always loved her layouts, so it was no big surprise for me that I loved her line. One of the things that I love most is that it is both masculine and feminine! When you have a boy and a girl it is nice to have one collection that truly can be used for both types of pages. 

I used a cut file from Hip Kit that was designed by Ashley Horton. The file is free for those who join their website. The heart was one of several cut files for the month. I did some messy stitching around the heart and thought that I was going to break my machine in the process! There was a grinding noise and the needle got stuck a few times....I'm sure that is not a good thing. Fortunately I made it through without breaking my machine.


I love these Thickers, even though not every thing can truly be the "best ever". While I would love to see other phrases included, I would rather have a phrase that I can use so I am in no way complaining.


 These colors are just magical together. I wanted to use more of the blues and the greens to give it a more masculine feel. I did sneak in a doily though to add a different texture. After I finished recording I looked back over the layout and felt like it needed a little something else. So I pulled out these clear sequins and scattered a few around the page. It was exactly what the layout needed.


Here's a link to my process video. Be sure and check out Mari's as well. Have a wonderful day my scrappy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment