Friday, August 5, 2016

Exciting News!!

I have been asked by My Creative Scrapbook to be an official member of their design team. I am excited and thankful for the opportunity. As of right now I will continue to be posting my process videos for them on Wednesdays four times a month.

I have a process video to share as well with you today. This layout I created several months ago. I have been so behind in sharing my layouts and getting process videos done. Actually, the voiceovers are what slow me down. Trying to find a quiet time without the phone ringing or kids calling me has been a bit challenging with everything else that goes daily. So my goal is to get somewhat caught up during August and September.

I love my silhouette cameo and decided that one of my scrappy goals for this year was to use it more frequently. When I saw this cut file in the Cut Shoppe, I knew that I wanted to use it on a layout. I pulled out Amy Tangerine's Finder's Keepers collection to use and chose the pink watercolor paper to use for the cut file. The background was looking a bit plain so I used Shimmerz No Yolking for a splash of yellow behind the cut file. 


There really isn't any journaling other than the title for this page. The cut file and playing with pretty papers was my only goal, and I am so happy with the way that it turned out.


Irit Landgraf has a video in which she used rub-ons on craft foam. I decided that I would try that with the clear stickers and the rub-ons and this is most definitely a technique that I will use again. It made it so easy to move the stickers and rub-ons around the page for me to figure out their placement. Plus it looks a bit like a puffy sticker!! Puffy stickers are some of my favorite embellishments so this is definitely a win-win!


Here's a link to my process video. Please feel free to leave a comment or email me if you have any questions :) Have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment