Friday, July 29, 2016

Scrap the Challenge: Stash Kit Summary

Today, Mari and I have a video up showing the leftovers from our stash kit, and the layouts that we created. Both of us were ready to move on to something else and use some different products so we decided to retire our kit. We made a total of five layouts with our original goal being four. Woot!! 

I definitely did not even come close to killing the kit, and I'm not even sure I injured it :) I was amazed at just how little it looked like I used from the kit when I felt like my layouts were fairly product heavy. However, I did manage to use up 4 whole sheets of patterned paper, two of which I pulled into the kit from my stash. Three of the four I used as backgrounds, and one of them I fussy cut the florals and used the florals on two of my layouts. The 6x6 paper pad that I included was untouched when I put it in the kit. While I still have more than half of it left, I did make a serious dent in it. I used both sets of Thickers that I added into the kit, but only once for each set. The embellishments that I used the most of were from the Project Life Notes and Things set. I used a ton of them, but I think that are like rabbits and multiplied when I was not looking. I also used four frames from the Notes and Things frames that I had not even opened. That right there made me feel like the kit was a success. 

I did learn a few lessons along the way when putting this kit together. A 6x6 paper pad is a great way to stretch your kit and when I do this again, I will most definitely add it into the kit. I like various alphas for my titles, so two sets of Thickers just wasn't enough variety. I may not pull more into the kit, but I will keep in mind that I am going to most likely pull in additional alphas, and I'm okay with that. In this kit, I pulled in a puffy alpha set and another Thicker set. Another lesson learned from this stash kit is that purchasing a mini Project Life kit that I love is well worth the money. I used so many little bits and several of the 3x4 cards on the layouts.

Here are the layouts that I created with the kit in order of the challenges:











The best part of this challenge was that I did find that it took me less time to create my pages because my kit provided a great jumping off point. I did pull things in from my stash as well, but hey...the whole point is to use the pretty things that we buy! My kit summary video is below and I'm going to link Mari's as well. Have a great weekend my friends!


Mari's summary



No comments:

Post a Comment