Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Sunshine and Happiness & Alligators (say what?!)

Hey friends! I am back today with a layout that I made using the main kit from My Creative Scrapbook kit club. The main kit is full of Simple Stories Sunshine & Happiness, with a bit of Kaisercraft, Pink Paislee, and Heidi Swapp thrown into for a beautiful summer kit. Here is a photo of the main kit...love these bright colors!


The pictures that I chose to scrap were silly ones that I took of my kids on vacation. We were at Alligator Adventure in Myrtle Beach, and of course Patrick thought it would be hilarious to put his head inside the mouth of the alligator statue. Boys...what can I say?


I love the fact that everything coordinates so well even though the products are not from the same line. I cut this cute saying from the Kaisercraft cut-apart sheet. It's the perfect addition to this cluster.


I think that one of my favorite things about the Simple Stories alpha sticker sheet is all of the phrases that come along with it. They are so versatile and I love the little extra bit that they bring to a layout.


I decided to outline all of the papers with my black Staedtler pen. I love the contrast that it brings to the papers. This is a great technique to help bring papers of different collections together, or in this case to make the layers pop off each other.


I have a process video if you'd like to take a closer look. Have a wonderful day my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment