Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Sweet Friends (My Creative Scrapbook)

Hello friends, I am back with another layout to share using the July kit from My Creative Scrapbook kit club. I chose to focus on the pastel colors of this kit and scrap a page of my daughter and one of her friends dressed up for their school dance. If you follow me on Pinterest you might have noticed that I pinned a bunch of layouts and sketches with circles. Circle layouts are trending, and I decided to be brave and take a stab at a layout with circles...including my picture. Cutting my photo in a circle was a big deal for me...I know that it sounds silly. However, I started scrapping in the height of Creative Memories and the debut of their circle cutting system and EVERYTHING was cut into circles. It has taken me a long time to get over my phobia of circles, and I am so happy with the way this layout turned out.
 I used my Shimmerz watercolors and the packaging technique to make the background. I decided to keep my design on a diagonal to help me from feeling overwhelmed with where to place the circles. I think that it also helped that I had pre-cut several circles out of coordinating papers in different sizes. It made it so much easier to swap circles out and make sure that the patterns were separated.


The peach and aqua just screamed for a bit of gold so I added gold stitching and gold Heidi Shine mist for a little pizzazz.

  
I folded over the ribbon trim that came in the kit and stitched it down with gold thread. Good thing that I don't mind that the ribbon is not straight :) I think that it adds to the charm and helps to anchor the title. To complete the layout I added a few embellishments on the clusters and threaded the buttons with gold thread. 


I have a process video if you'd like to take a peek at how it came together. 


No comments:

Post a Comment