Saturday, August 6, 2016

8th Grade

For today's layout I decided to use my Felicity Jane Next Stop kit. I love the floral paper in the kit. I am a sucker for a beautiful floral and this one makes me so happy! The photo that I'm working with is one that I took on my daughter's first day of her last year in middle school...and my journaling reflects my feelings on this subject. Let's just say that this momma thinks her baby is growing up way too fast and I just want time to slow down just a bit.


 I fussy cut a few of the flowers so that when it came time to make this layout I could just choose a few and go with the flow. I fussy cut bits and pieces while I'm watching tv and want to do something scrappy but not make a page. These pearls have been in my stash for quite some time so I was happy to get some of them used on this page.



I love the stamps that come with the kit. At first glance I wasn't sure just how much use that I would get from travel themed stamps. On closer inspection though I found several phrases that were more generic and I felt like "for real?" truly fit my thoughts as I was making this layout. I used CTMH ink in Hollyhock and it matches perfectly. 


Here's a link to my process video. Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment