Monday, August 29, 2016

Scrap the Challenge: Stencils

Mari and I are really having a great time with this series that we started at the beginning of the year. This week our focus was on using multiple stencils. I am not going to lie to you...this made me cringe. I am not good at the artsy backgrounds. My mixed media tends to consist of just a couple things and I wimped out a bit on this challenge as well. However, I did use two stencils and two different types of texture paste so I am still calling it a win. I also used a sketch by Laura Whittaker from Stuck?!Sketches. She has some great sketches so if you are in a scrappy desert, try looking at her sketches. I'm pretty sure that you can find a couple that will get your mojo going again.

I have the Felicity Jane kit Happy Day that was created by Suse Fish and wanted to use it for this layout. The photo is of me and my friend Suzanna that we took at this amazing little place that makes homemade pies, both ones to eat as lunch and dessert pies. Unfortunately they don't offer pies that are sugar free, so I won't be able to go as often as I'd like, and honestly that is probably a good thing. (I am not a diabetic; I  just try and avoid sugar, processed breads and flours for health reasons). Anyway, this kit has this beautiful periwinkle-cornflower blue that I wanted to feature on this page so I converted the photo to black and white to avoid the clash of the colors between the papers and the photo.



I used Shimmerz Dazzlerz in Coral Me Crazy through a Prima stencil. I love this stencil so much! The sweet flowers are just perfect and I know that I'll be using this stencil again and again. The second stencil that I used is a Heidi Swapp stencil that is small dots. To keep this subtle I used white texture paste and made some small dots in between the flowers. The end result was exactly what I was hoping for...a dainty and girly background.


The puffy stickers that came with the Felicity Jane kit are amazing, but then I do think most puffy stickers are pretty special. I cut some of the vellum flowers in half to create a border underneath.



FJ kits always come with a stamp set. This tiny flower is so cute and I love the way that it looks stamped over the background. The dots also reinforce the dot theme that I have with some of the papers and my background. 


Here's a link to my video. I hope that you enjoy it and have a great day! Be sure and check out Mari's video as well. I've linked her channel in the details section of my video.


No comments:

Post a Comment