Thursday, July 30, 2015

My Mini-Me

I have this picture from years ago that has been in my pictures to scrap forever!  Inspiration hit when I was thinking about a layout for the Fun Kits group that I am a member of on Facebook.  The month of June, the inspiration was PinkFresh Studios.  I had a few embellishments from previous Hip Kits, a 6x6 paper pad from Heidi Swapp's Dreamy line, and an embellishment kit full of Pinkfresh Studio embellishments that I got for a steal at Simon Says Stamp.  Since I didn't have any 12x12 papers, I decided to make my own background with Liquitex acrylic paint.  I love this stuff!  I always wait until I have a coupon for 50% off though to make it a better price for my budget. 

For my background, I mixed the turquoise with white to create an ombre effect on the background.  I then used my Amy Tangerine flower stencil with texture paste.  I love how it turned out!

 
I love the texture that the stencil gives to the background.
 
 
I popped the banner up so that the house could be tucked in behind it.
 
 
My favorite part of this layout is the sequin hearts. 

 
If you would like to take a peek at my process I have a video.
 
 
 
Supplies used:
Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic Paint in Bright Aqua Green and Titanium White
Teresa Collins Modeling Paste
PinkFresh studio sequins, die cuts
Tag from Target $1 spot
Twinery Gold Shimmer twine
Amy Tangerine Rise and Shine Brooklyn stencils
Amy Tangerine Rise and Shine Alyx pink foam Thickers
Heidi Swapp 6x6 Dreamy paper pad
MME gold sequin hearts
Freckled Fawn flair badge
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment