Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Meet Me in the Sunshine

I love scrapping pictures that are current, but I love using older pictures as well.  Lately, I've been on a kick to document some of the older memories and it is bittersweet.  My babies are growing up and I swear time is just flying by so quickly.  I remember being a new mom and then a mom to two little ones.  Older women would tell me how quickly time passes and to cherish the moments in the here and now.  Sometimes though that is hard between wiping noses and bottoms.  I would love to go back even for one day.

This layout uses the Hip Kit May 2015 kit.  I cut the 6x6 papers in strips and decided to line them up from the top to the bottom.  I love machine stitching, so I added some along the edges of the strips.

 
The wood veneer is embossed and I love the texture that it adds.  I am not sure who makes the yellow ribbon along the sides of the strips.  That has been in my stash forever.
 
I love these gold Thickers...I have a hang up with titles and I love it when I can use a premade title.  Easy peasy!  The background has mist that was applied with the packaging technique.  I love that it is so easy and gives such a pretty watercolor affect. 
 
Enamel dots make me happy....these were pulled from my stash.
 
 
I love how it turned out.  If you would like a closer look at the process, click on the video below.  I will warn you that it wasn't pretty getting to this point...but it was worth it in the end!
 
 
Supplies: Chickaniddy - Yippe - 6x6 Paper Pad 
 Evalicious - Life's Sweet - Puffy Stickers,
          Evalicious - Life's Sweet - Wood Veneer Words
                                                Pink Paislee Citrus Twist - Chipboard Accents and ephemera
                                                Ribbon unknown
                                  Lindy's Stamp Gang mist - Pop Rock Purple and Bonjour Butter
 

No comments:

Post a Comment