Thursday, July 9, 2015

The time has come....

My soul needs to be surrounded by beauty.  I love to sit on the beach and watch the waves break.  I'm content to sit on a deck and watch the sun set at the end of a day.  Mountain views take my breath away.  Flowers make my soul sing.

This year I stumbled upon several plants that were on clearance.  The most I paid was $3 per plant.  I came home with a car full of new things that made my heart happy.  I knew the perfect place, I put them there, and then my husband planted them for me.  All was well.

Then creatures came and one of my newly planted plants was gone.  This had me a little confused because I knew that deer did not eat these and wasn't sure what happened.  The next day I found a hole with a few leaves sticking out.  I made my husband help me investigate and he told me that it was the voles that were wreaking havoc on the grass.  That was it.  I was on a mission.  I didn't care what the voles did in the grass, but they crossed the line when it came to eating my flowers.  It was time for them to die and so Operation Kill the Voles started at my house. 

I decided that I needed to make a layout about this story.  Our scrapbooks don't need to be filled with just pictures of children, birthdays, and holidays.  They need to occasionally have the story of our lives.  The things that make us who we are is what is so fascinating for our families.

This page was heavily inspired by the talented Missy Whidden.  I had watched a couple of her videos and was so inspired that I went and played.  I love the end result even though it is different from the pages that I usually make.  We need to occasionally branch out and try something new.

 
This picture is of the first missing coreopsis.  I layered the vellum and folded it over onto itself (Missy inspired). 
 
I just love those letters from Any Tangerine.  I need more!
 
 
The torn washi is also something that Missy does quite frequently.  I love the texture that it provides.
 
 
 
If you would like to watch the process, I have a video that I would love for you to check out.
 
 
Supplies used: Webster's pages (green and yellow paper), AC vellum, Doddlebug doily, Recollections washi, Elle's Studio stamp, Amy Tangerine Alyx Thickers , puffy stickers, and word stickers, AC Confetti Thickers, PL roller date stamp, Freckled Fawn puffy stickers and paperclip arrows, Studio Calico cork cameras

No comments:

Post a Comment