Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Confirmataion

This is a layout that I made in response to a monthly challenge on a Facebook group.  The group is called Fun Kits and each month focuses on a relatively new line.  This month the focus in on PinkFresh studios Up in the Clouds  collection.  You have the option of using the specific product or pulling items from your stash that have similar colors and embellishments.  I had some embellishments but not much in the way of paper, so I pulled some random 6x6 papers and a Heidi Swapp Dreamy 6x6 paper pad to work with this month.

 
I will often cut my doilies so that I can use them in more than one place on the page.  I love my doilies!
 
 
I stitched over the fabric tag to make sure that it stayed on the layout.  Adhesive was tricky plus I like the look of the stitching.

 
I added stitching under the journaling and stitched the arrow in the top right corner.  I love the extra texture that it gives to the page without adding any bulk. 
 
 
I did staple the twine in a pretty loop.  I knew that it wouldn't stay put if I didn't and I like the look of the staples.
 

 

I love the way that it turned out.  Soft colors can be used on a masculine layout!!

Here's my process video if you would like to take a closer look at how the page came together.


Supplies: PinkFresh studios flair, fabric tag, wood veneer saying, pink circle and arrow
Heidi Swapp paper and gold Color Shine
Crate Paper Craft Market puffy hearts
American Crafts letter stickers
Glassine envelope, twine and doily unknown
Gold glitter washi from JoAnn's
Recollections photo corners
Freckled Fawn dictionary vellum strip

No comments:

Post a Comment