Monday, February 8, 2016

Final layout as a CK guest designer

I really had a lot of fun being a guest designer for Clique Kits in January. I made five layouts with the kit and some add-ons and still have quite a bit left over that I will incorporate in my stash. My last layout may be one of my favorites made with this kit simply because of the story told.  I had this layout in mind but couldn't figure out exactly how I wanted to arrange the photos until I saw a sketch by Ashley Horton. It was the perfect way to get all of my photos on one page while keeping the layout clean. I can't find the picture of the sketch at the moment, but I do show the sketch in the beginning of the process video.

 I used quite a bit of the labels, ephemera, and puffy stickers to make this page. My goal though was to maintain a clean look on the layout even though I was using quite a bit of the ephemera.  The yellow doilies are by Doodlebug and add the perfect pop of yellow to the layout.


I used a combination of alpha stickers for the title. The small tile are Teresa Collins, the yellow are some old Basic Grey that have been in my stash for a very long time, and the red are by Seven.


I love the acrylic origami elephant (a Clique Kits exclusive) and thought he made the perfect addition to one of the clusters. Since there are so many different words and font styles, I decided to print my journaling out with a typewriter font. I did not want to introduce my handwriting on to this page, and honestly most of my journaling is hand written so I don't feel the need to do so on this page. 


Here is a link to my process video:



No comments:

Post a Comment