Friday, February 12, 2016

Scrap the Challenge #3

This week's challenge Mari and I decided to use the color wheel to help select our papers and the colors that we used on our layout. I knew right away that I wanted to use a picture of Emily in her travel softball uniform. I have been putting these photos off for a very long time because the orange color is definitely not a color that I want to work with. Why couldn't the uniforms be red or blue? Don't they know that they need to help a scrapbooker out with their color choices?

I decided to use a pale aqua blue as my background paper and having that be my primary color. I pulled out my October Hip Kit and my Pink Paislee Cedar Lane collection and found several patterns that worked will with aqua and the orange, and two of the patterns had both of those colors.


I pulled out the printables that were available to download with the October Hip Kit. I chose the blues since that was the primary color that I wanted on my layout. I feel like the grey is a neutral and worked well with the shades of blue. I love Thicker words and the Cedar Lane Thickers are incredible! I love the font and the fact that they include gold and silver which make them extremely versatile. I love buying a product that makes me feel like I got my money's worth :)



I pulled some Freckled Fawn embellishments from my stash. They have an awesome embellishment club, and I took advantage of a great sale and purchased a few of their older kits. I'm making it a habit to pull products from my stash when I'm working with my kits, and I love the way that they worked on this page.


I decided to use these round MME letter stickers from my stash (2011 to be exact) for a couple of reasons. First, there is a repetition of the circles which I have in the other embellishment clusters, and it also brings another pop of a darker neutral to balance out the title. Heidi Swapp Color Shine mist in tinsel and mint green finished off the layout.


I love the way that this process came together and I will definitely use the color wheel when I am challenged by a photograph. Mari and I are having a blast with these challenges! If you want to give us a challenge, leave a comment. We are open to suggestions :) Here's a link to my process video if you'd like to take a closer peek.

No comments:

Post a Comment