Friday, February 26, 2016

We're back with another challenge layout!

This week Mari and I decided to use embossing folders on our layout. I was telling a scrappy friend about our next challenge when she offered up the use of her Teresa Collins embossing machine and plates. Once I saw the musical notes background I knew exactly which picture I wanted to scrap. I have had this picture of my son's marching band group on my desk for a few months just waiting for inspiration.

                    

Originally, I was going to cut the paper in strips or perhaps make a banner with it. I really liked the way that it looked though as a large focal point on the layout. There is a lot of texture and I feel that it gives the layout a clean feel as well. I pulled out different shades of blue papers for my layers, and thought that these blue Thickers were perfect for this page.



I decided to pull out some silver American Crafts glitter paper as another bold accent piece. I also used it as corners on two edges of the layout. I like the extra bling that it gives to the page. I decided to put the year under the photo for a couple of reasons. First, it brings the blue glitter to another area on the page, and it uses numbers. I always have numbers left on my Thickers pack so any opportunity to use them on a page I will do so.


I added these small stars from a Jolee's sticker pack that I have had in my stash. I played around with a few embellishments and felt like they just didn't work with the page. I have quite a bit of bling on this page, and I think that sometimes clean and simple is the way to go. I have a process video if you'd like to take a peek at my process. Be sure and check out Mari's video as well. I will link it below. 

Here is Mari's video:


We love to hear from our subscribers! If there is something that you want us to try, let us know. Have a great scrappy day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment