Friday, February 19, 2016

Maggie Homes Shine....

I love all of her collections, and I keep saying that each one is my favorite. I have quite a stash of her papers and embellishments so when I saw her new line Bloom I decided that I must take action. I want to make a few layouts using her older collections before ordering any of her new collection. Y'all this is killing me, but the only thing that is saving me now from buying it is that no online site has everything that I want in stock. As I was going through the Shine papers I realized that I had the perfect photo to go with the yellow and cream ombre paper, so I set out to make this page.


The photo is one I took in a local park and used it for our Christmas card. I knew that I just wanted to make this layout because I loved the photo and love her products. There really isn't any journaling that I felt I needed to add so there was a certain bit of freedom that came with designing the page.


I love birds, and in our back yard we have several feeders, birdbaths and homes for our birds. I am slowly but surely making our yard into a bird and butterfly sanctuary. I love a beautiful garden and while mine is not yet worthy of a magazine, one day it will be. So when I see birds in a collection, I have to get them and her birds are so sweet. I love them all and would get a chipboard sheet full of birds if she ever were to come out with one. 


The gold Thickers that came with this collection are beautiful. Actually I don't think that I've seen a gold glitter Thicker that I don't like.


I ultimately decided on a monochromatic look to the page and I love the end result. Everything on the layout is by Maggie Holmes, although I have no idea which collection the fabric tape is from. Of course a layout wouldn't be complete without a few sprinkles of Heidi Swapp's gold color shine. I love that mist and have a spare bottle in the event of a mist emergency.

I have a process video up and would love for you to take a peek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment