Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Another XOXO layout....

Yes, I know that I just made a layout using XOXO as the title, and I did it again.  These layouts will be in separate albums so I don't have a problem with my lack of originality.

This is my final layout using the Sew Lovely collection by Carta Bella.  I made 5 layouts and I am happy with each and every one.  I could technically make another layout with my scraps, but they are my least favorite papers. I don't feel the need to use every little scrap to get my moneys worth when it comes to paper, and I only save the scraps that I either love or know that I can use at some point.

This layout is definitely inspired by Maggie Holmes.  I loved her layouts when she was a member of Studio Calico and I found that it was easy to incorporate some of her style into my own.  I have a few sheets of book paper that I will occasionally use on my layouts, and it fit perfectly with this collection.  I did pull some scrap aqua papers to help stretch my papers since I used all of the aqua paper that was included in the kit.

 
Since I did not use much of the paper scraps from the kit, I decided to challenge myself and see if I could use 10 stickers from the sticker sheet.  I used 13 and was quite pleased with myself.  I used them as layers and also punched butterflies out of one of the stickers.
 
 
I stitched through the butterflies and left the little bit of thread showing. I liked it and thought it was a great touch to give the butterflies some movement.
 
 
I also stitched down some sequins on one of the paper layers and love the little bit of bling that it brings to the page.
 
 
The XOXO sticker was the perfect fit in this corner and thus my original title was born :)
 
I have a process video if you'd like to take a peek.
 
 
Supplies:
Sew Lovely Pretty Pattern
Sew Lovely element stickers
Heidi Swapp stickers
Pink Paislee Bella Rouge puffy stickers
Martha Stewart butterfly punches
EK Success  notebook punch
Lawn Fawn silver twine
Glassine envelope
Tag unknown
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment