Friday, November 20, 2015

You Are Too Cute to be a Pirate

Two Halloween layouts in the span of a month!  If you know me you know that I don't like scrapping themes and that includes holidays.  So, I have challenged myself to create FIVE Christmas layouts, not including my December Daily, before the end of the year.  I feel like if I share my goals I am more likely to meet them...public accountability :)

I used The After Dark collection by Crate Paper along with some items in my stash to create this page.  I am very pleased with how it turned out.  It can be hard to scrap pictures with traditional Halloween colors, so by minimizing the orange and using a white cardstock as my base I was able to create a page using traditional Halloween colors with my photo that has pink in it.


I love the kitty embellishment and thought that he was a perfect addition for the tag!  He is from an old Martha Stewart collection that I have had in my stash for several years now.  I was very happy that I was able to get one used on a layout.  I stitched around the edges of the large paper mat and on the corner of the page as well.


This title was definitely a labor of love!  I wanted the words to nestle in among the descenders of the word pretty.  To make matters more difficult, the Making Memories glitter alphas are a combination of upper and lower case and I didn't have all of the uppercase that I wanted to use. In the end though, I love how it turned out.  My other exciting moment was using the pumpkin banner...y'all I can not get banners to work on my pages if my life depended on it so I was thrilled when I got this to work on a page!


I have a process video if you are interested in taking a closer peek.


Supplies:
Crate Paper After Dark 6x6 pad
Crate Paper After Dark October Tags
Crate Paper After Dark Pumpkin
Crate Paper After Dark Puffy Stickers
Target Glitter Bats 
Sequin Stars unknown
After Dark Thickers Midnight 
Heidi Swapp black glitter alphas
Making Memories glitter alphas





No comments:

Post a Comment