Saturday, November 21, 2015

Emily and Juliet

This layout I created combining the August and September Hip Kits along with a couple of things from my stash.  I knew right away when I saw the Dear Lizzy bold pink stripe that I wanted to use it as a background.  I found this picture of my daughter and our kitty from 2006 and thought that I needed to make a page telling the story of how we couldn't have found a better kitty for Emily.  They have a special relationship and I wanted to have that story told.

I did struggle a bit as I was making this page trying to find a home for the title and the balloon embellishment.  I walked away from it for a bit, and when I came back everything seemed to fall together.  


I love the way that part of the title rests on this PinkFresh wood veneer and the kitty card was absolutely perfect.  It helped to bring together the colors of the photo plus the black and cream papers that are on the background.  I love how just one thing can make the layout cohesive.


The doily made the perfect "home" for the balloon to rest on, and the bow was the cherry on top. 


I have a process video if you'd like to take a closer peek.



Supplies:
American Crafts - Dear Lizzy - Documentary - Me & You Paper
American Crafts - Dear Lizzy - Documentary - Bear Hug Paper
Crate Paper - Wonder - Ephemera
Crate Paper - Wonder - Enamel Dots & Sequins
We R Memory Keepers - Wildflower - Gold Word Thickers
American Crafts - Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy - Woodland Gold Thickers
Pink Fresh Studio - Pretty Things - Wood Veneer Shapes
 American Crafts - Dear Lizzy Fine & Dandy - Phrase & Accent Thickers
Crate Paper - Wonder - Glitter Shapes
Crate Paper - Oh Darling - Layered Paper Bow Clothespins


No comments:

Post a Comment