Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Free Flow Wednesday on the Crafty Maven Channel

Today I am up on the Crafty Maven channel with a layout that I created using the new Shine collection by Maggie Holmes which I absolutely love!  Here are the inspiration pieces this week.  I love the colors this week...they are most definitely colors that I love to use on my layouts.

These shoes need to be in my closet!  I am not sure where I would wear them, but I would find a way.

Here is the entire mood board.  


I pulled bits and pieces from my stash before sitting down to create this page.  The only embellishments that I have from the Shine collection are the the chipboard.  I have other items on their way to me now as they sold out before I could purchase them.  I pulled out my Project Life Notes and Things set and they worked perfectly with these papers.  The fact that many Crate lines work with one another is definitely one of the things that I love most about this company.

I knew when I wanted to create this page that I wanted the floral paper to be a main element on the page.  The trend right now is for smaller paper layers, which I do like...but I love for my patterned paper to be the star of the layout as well.  I looked through my Pinterest boards for inspiration and was heavily inspired by Maggie Holmes herself when making this page. She has such a classic and timeless style that I love so much.


I wasn't planning on adding gold, but the ephemera pieces had gold foil on them, and it seemed like a natural thing to play off the gold on this page.


I took several things away from the inspiration board this week...the black and white stripes, the colors, the bow, the bling, and even the words on the vellum and die cuts.  


My process can be found on the Crafty Maven channel this week.  I will warn you...I have bronchitis and I had to fiddle with the voiceover quite a bit so that my coughing and hacking were edited out.



Supplies:
Maggie Holmes Shine - Cherish
Maggie Holmes Shine - Bright
Maggie Holmes Shine - Carefree
Maggie Holmes Shine - 6x6 paper pad
Maggie Holmes Thickers - Beautiful
Maggie Holmes Shine Glitter Chipboard
Maggie Holmes Open Book vellum
Maggie Holmes glitter bows
Project Life Notes and Things Value Kit
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment