Wednesday, June 8, 2016

My Creative Scrapbook June Kit

I'm so excited to be back with My Creative Scrapbook kit club for another month as their guest designer. This month their main kit is full of Simple Stories Life in Color. I am a sucker for a diagonal stripe, so when I saw this yellow and white stripe I fell in love. I've had these pictures on my desk waiting for inspiration and when this kit came to my door inspiration struck :) One of my favorite go-to designs is to cut a sheet of paper 4x12 inches and place it along the top of the page. I love patterned paper and like to see it on my layouts. Don't get me wrong. Layering papers is a beautiful thing, and I will do that as well. The title is mixed with fonts from the Simple Stories sticker sheet and the Amy Tangerine Thickers that came in the kit. The pop of black is perfect with this kit and really makes a bold statement on the layout. 


Black stitching just helped to give more emphasis on the title and added a bit of texture to the layout. I love the whimsical look that the zig zag stitching gives to the title. It also helped to anchor the title and gave me a great spot to start my journaling.

 

The camera was the perfect accent for this cluster. Cameras are always perfect to add to a scrapbooking layout, so if you ever get stuck on embellishment ideas, choose cameras. The kit came with the Simple Stories clear stickers. This is my first time using them and I really enjoyed using them. 


I'm going to show you now how I fixed my boo-boo. I usually journal on my page after I take pictures for my DT work, and for reasons just like the one that I am getting ready to show you. I made a mistake and I wrote a word twice. Oops! I looked through the kit and found some black arrow stickers, but they did not cover up the mistake in its entirety. So I went to my wood veneer stash and found the perfect size arrow. Fortunately where I made the mistake was on the edge and the bottom row, so the arrow just put a bit of emphasis on the journaling. I also chose two small wood veneer shapes to put in the other clusters. I left the wood veneer plain because the wood theme was already on the page, and the color was good as well.



I have a process video if you'd like to take a peek. 

No comments:

Post a Comment