Monday, June 20, 2016

It's a Little Late....

This post is a bit late, but I still wanted to get it up. We had some crazy thunderstorms roll through last Thursday night. They were so bad that numerous trees blew over, power lines were down and exposed lines on the roads, and in my county 80% of us were without power. However, there were blessings in all of this mess. We did not sustain any major damage, and the weather cooperated with us. It was unseasonably cool which allowed us to open the windows and have a cool breeze. The kids did great without the power...I thought that my son might go into withdrawals but he surprised me :)

Anyway, Mari and I posted another challenge video and our challenge was to use the inspiration paper from our stash kit and to lift one another. Here is the layout that I chose to lift from Mari. I had several of the flower clusters that I knew that I could fussy cut and wanted to make a border similar to the one that she made. I also decided to make a layout about one of our daughter's nicknames.


This is my end result using her layout as inspiration. 


I did not use a bunch of products from my stash kit to use as embellishments. I felt like the flowers made a bold statement on the page and I did not want to take away from them. I did cut the gold circles in half to use as a scallop border on top and underneath the photo. 


The puffy stickers, cor heart and washi tape are from my stash but they are both by the same Pink Paislee line as the papers (C'est La Vie). Mari and I decided that we would allow ourselves the option to choose things outside of our stash kit...after all the goal is to use our stash. The kit just makes it easier to get started.


The last challenge I had die cut a few doilies from tissue paper. I kept them on my desk and was able to use one on this page.


I added a bit of gold stitching under the journaling for another touch of gold. The gold Heidi Shine is absolutely beautiful in person.


Here's a link to the process video. I hope that you have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment