Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Be a Splash of Color

I love this line Life in Color by Simple Stories, and was excited when I learned that the June main kit from My Creative Scrapbook had several pieces of the collection. It is fabulous and I was inspired by one of the cut-apart sheets to scrap the photo of my daughter and her friend. They were both in yearbook together this past year, and often they would get assignments and need to go out and take pictures. They took the silly photo of their shadows and I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it.

I decided to keep this design simple. I have used this layout design before and loved the way that it turned out. I find that by adding chipboard elements and stitching that it helps keep the layout from looking "flat". It's relatively simple to create, and once I decided on the placement, the page flew together.


I decided not to journal on this layout, but may go back and make a note on the back with her friend's name. I felt like the quote said everything and more than I could possibly think of to say. It's perfect for this artistic and fun photo.


I outlined around the "Today" letter stickers, and stitched around the photo and the 4x6 card. I felt like the whites were getting lost on the cardstock and it helped that part of the title to stand out more on the page. 


The black stitching also adds a bit of weight and contrast to the page. I had so much fun making this page. It's a bit different than my usual layouts and I really enjoyed the process and the end result. I have a process video if you'd like to take a peek. Have a wonderful scrappy day!


No comments:

Post a Comment