Friday, June 10, 2016

Crafty Maven Getaway

I love the mood boards that Hannah makes for our inspiration pieces, and this one was especially inspiring. I thought of so many different things to do with my layout...confetti, sequins sprinkled around the page, the colors, a circle theme, using my watercolors, tassels, and using tissue paper. So many fun ideas but way too many for me to incorporate onto one page. 


I wanted to use the Bloom collection by Maggie Holmes to make this page for several reasons. I have more pages to scrap from this day and I love to use the same line or product selection to make coodinating layouts. I love the collection and had a few things in my stash that I wanted to make sure that I used. I'm trying to be more selective with my scrappy purchases and to also use things while I love them.


I did gut the yellow and white paper to save for other layouts. I did not use any mixed media on the page so there was no reason to waste the pretty paper, especially when I knew that I would be making more layouts of this day. I fussy cut the butterflies from one of the papers in the collection. As of this moment, that is one of my favorite papers of all-time. 


                        

I used some white thread to stitch the butterflies movement across the page. It adds such a whimsical element to the layout. I also chose to scatter some white sequins in a diagonal pattern.


This pink gingham bow I had made for a previous layout. I kept it with the collection because I knew that it would eventually get used on a layout.


I didn't have any tassels in my stash, but I did have this fringed heart. The fringe gives a whimsical feel that is close to the tassels, plus it has gold glitter. I know that some people are tired of the gold trend, but I am not. I love silver as well...basically I love bling :)

Here's a link to my process video. Have a wonderful day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment