Thursday, June 9, 2016

Playing Catch Up


The end of the school year is always crazy. I have tried to keep up with things but I missed blogging about several videos that I have posted. The next few days I am going to spend catching up on the three videos that I missed :)

The first layout is You are my Spring which was made using the March Hip Kit. The green and white striped paper is an exclusive watercolor paper designed by Kim Watson and I fell in love. This spring color of green is my favorite shade of green to work with when creating pages.  My original idea was to put some watercolor behind the photo but it went wrong...it was an awful mistake. Ugh! I did not have the extra paper add-on so I was determined to fix this. I let the watercolor dry and then I added a few coats of white acrylic paint over the watercolor. While it isn't the perfect fix, it was pretty darn close and I was able to create a page that I like.


The Basic Grey flowers that came with the kit were so fun! I layered them around the photo and for some added interest I placed some pink thread under one of the clusters.


The title for my layout was inspired by the PinkFresh quote. Sometimes I just want to scrap a picture because it is a sweet photo. I don't always feel the need to journal, so the quote was a perfect addition.


Here's a link to the process video. I hope you have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment