Thursday, May 5, 2016

I have been busy....

I have a couple of things to share today. First I have a new process video up with my first layout using the May Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook  kit club. I absolutely adore Maggie Holmes so this kit was perfect for me. I chose a picture of my daughter from last year's vacation because of the colors highlighted in the photo.  Floral patterned papers are some of my favorites to work with, so choosing this black floral was an easy choice. Gingham prints also have a special place in my heart, and I love that her new collection has both a pink and black gingham. Before I actually started to create my pages I went ahead and cut the cut-apart sheet and fussy cut some butterflies. I knew that I would be using them with my layouts and did not want to stop mid-way through my process to do so.

I layered two butterflies on top of one another to create a dimensional look. I love the hints of yellow on the butterflies and how it pulls out the yellow in the background of the photo.


I decided to layer the fringe paper on top of one another and stitched through the pink layer for some added texture. 


The heart embellishment I made from the papers in the kit using a Recollections heart punch. I need to get more gold glitter paper, so I decided to make my own and replicate some of the embellishments in this collection. I used embossing powder to create my own strip and it worked fabulously! 

Here's a link to my process video if you'd like to take a peek.



My other news is that I am participating in the Scrap Your Heart Out YouTube hop. There are some fabulous ladies on this hop and for me to see my name along with some of my scrappy crushes is almost too much for me to handle! I'm still on cloud 9 :)


My video will be up on the 8th and to further celebrate iNSD I will be posting a video every day until May 14th!!! I can't wait for this weekend and play along with some of the challenges that will be posted. Let the creativity flow and the mojo be hot :)


No comments:

Post a Comment