Sunday, May 8, 2016

iNSD weekend...

I am part of a huge YouTube hop that Erica from Clique Kits put together called Scrap Your Heart Out. Erica has put a lot of work into this and I think that it is going to be a big success for her. I am just over the moon to be lumped into a hop with some of my scrappy crushes :)

I chose to work with some Felicity Jane products for this layout. I have a few of her kits and have just put them all together in an iris container. Her kits tend to work well with one another so it's just easier for me to store them this way. I chose the woodgrain paper as my inspiration along with the photo. The pier in the background is beautiful and I wanted to play up on the color and the texture. I trimmed it down to 11.5 inches square and distressed the edges of the paper. After I adhered it I curled up the edges for a bit more interest.


I wanted a bit of aqua as an accent color and found this vellum heart in my FJ stash. I thought that it would work well and chose to layer it with a phrase and some enamel dots.


The title is definitely one of my favorite things about this layout. I chose a block font for a couple of reasons. First, I didn't want the font to compete with the "love" paper. Second, it's much easier to stitch a wider letter. If the letter is really thin you run the risk of poking your holes too close together and creating one big hole that is hard to cover.


I decided to use my Shimmerz watercolors and a waterbrush to add a bit of color to a few of the words. The effect is so pretty and the pictures just don't do it justice. I chose white embroidery floss because I wanted the layout to be light and airy. The heart stencil is from a FJ kit as well. I like to repeat elements on my page and knew that this would add just the right touch to this cluster.

  My boy is growing up and I'm so proud of the young man that he is, yet when I look at him I still see him as my baby. My journaling touches on this, and in the end I just want him to know just how much he is adored.

Here's a link to my video. Be sure and leave a comment and you might just win a prize by one of the companies listed below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment