Sunday, May 8, 2016

Scrap the Challenge

I have my first layout made with the stash kit that Mari and I have put together...and I need to say this. It has been really fun and gratifying putting this kit together and making my first layout. I will be doing this again! For our first layout we challenged ourselves to use circles and machine stitching. I am a bit scared of circles so when I saw a few layouts with this same ruffle theme, I chose that as my style and I love the way that the layout turned out.


 I used a circle die and cut out several 2 inch circles from my Notes and Things 6x6 paper pad. I always cut out more than I think I will need because I try to make sure that the patterns are varied. I also don't want to stop mid-way to cut more, and I don't mind having the extra.

I stitched through the circles with gold thread and love this little detail. There are a few paper layers under the photo, but I did not want them to compete with the circles so I kept them to a minimum.


The frame wasn't initially in my stash kit, but as I was packing for a crop I stumbled upon them and since they were Notes and Things frames, I added them to the kit. The cork hearts and letters added another texture and brought more warmth to the layout for the perfect touch. 

Here's a link to my process video. If you have any questions leave me a comment and I'll get back to you as soon as I can :)


No comments:

Post a Comment