Wednesday, April 20, 2016

My Creative Scrapbook day....

It's Wednesday and that means it's time to share another layout that I created with the My Creative Scrapbook April main kit. This month the papers are from Simple Stories Carpe Diem collection and I absolutely adore this collection with its bright colors and whimsical designs. I had just received my Shimmerz watercolors and decided to play with them a bit and make my background paper. These watercolors are beautiful and so much fun. I will be adding more to my collection when I have some extra scrappy cash. 

One day I went in to get Emily up from her nap and this was how I found her. She had undressed and then redressed herself. She had on two tops that were twisted around. I had to run and get my camera because it was so funny (these were the days when a phone camera was obsolete). This photo makes me smile every time I look at it.


I fussy cut this large floral from one of the papers. The florals in these papers make it pretty easy to fussy cut and I think that it makes a big impact on the page.


The sticker sheet contains a bunch of phrases and I love these phrases and thought that they described the photo pretty well.  I did not want to add much to this cluster because I wanted the layout to feel light and bright even with the pops of black.


I used some light modeling paste through a polka dot stencil to add a bit more texture to the background. Some areas are bright white and others took on the colors of the watercolor that I added afterwards. I'm addicted to adding black stitching with this collection...I might need an intervention :)


This kit includes the frames with this collection. I have a ton left and have used several on the layouts that I have created. It's nice to feel like you get your money's worth when purchasing embellishments. I have a process video if you'd like to take a peek. Everything used was from the kit with the exception of the mixed media. 

5 comments:

  1. Very cute layout! I might have to scraplift. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see your layout if you do scraplift!

      Delete
  2. Very cute layout! I might have to scraplift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout! I love the black stitching with this collections with its pinks! Lovely texture!

    ReplyDelete