Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Warning...long post ahead :)

Today I have a new video using the April kit from My Creative Scrapbook kit clubMy. This month the main kit was primarily comprised of Simple Stories Carpe Diem and I fell in love with the bright and playful papers. I decided to tackle some "problem" photos of my son when he was in first grade. I say that the photos are "problems" because they are a tad dark and he's wearing a neon green shirt. I don't do neon colors...didn't really wear them in the 80's and don't really know how to handle them. So, I decided to completely ignore the green and concentrate on the yellow and I love the end result! 



Everything that I have used on this page is included in the kit. I decided to outline the layers as well as the cardstock to give it a bit of definition. 


I'm also up on the Crafty Maven channel today with a layout that was inspired heavily by the mood board. 

I want those shoes in my closet!! The colors are amazing and I think that it would just make my day a bit brighter to wear those flats. However it was the bottom right hand photo that truly inspired me. I chose a Pinkfresh paper as my background solely for the design on the top of the page. How perfect is that?!


I love this cluster with the sweet bird and the flower. The saying is perfect as well considering that my son doesn't want his picture to be taken anymore. Ugh! Doesn't he know that momma needs to scrap!?


The green alpha is beautiful and one of my favorite fonts. I don't use a lot of green in my scrapbook layouts, but this color of green makes me want to use it more.




I have a process video up for both layouts if you'd like to take a peek.  Leave me a comment if you have any questions or if you just want to say hi. 






No comments:

Post a Comment