Friday, April 8, 2016

Scrap the Challenge

This week Mari and I decided to use a recipe to make our layout. The recipe is: any type of mixed media, 2 photos, 3 embellishment clusters, 4 patterned papers, and 5 different types of embellishments one of which needed to be washi. I decided to further challenge myself by making a birthday layout and using older products. I decided to use this sketch because I could not find my mojo...sketches are the bomb when it comes to lost mojo.


The different types of embellishments that I used were washi, enamel dots, die cuts, a chipboard sticker, stickers, and the pinwheel. 



I love the way the layered washi looks on the clusters. I'm definitely going to do this again.


You can see little mist droplets in the corners of my layout. I forgot all about that part of the recipe until the layout was finished...oops! It all worked out though in the end.


 I have a process video if you are interested. Mari and I are having a lot of fun and would love for you to join in the fun. If you post your layout on Instagram use the hashtag #scrapthechallenge.




No comments:

Post a Comment