Wednesday, April 13, 2016

My Creative Scrapbook Guest Layout

My daughter is into softball...she would practice daily if there was a place I could take her. She loves every little thing about it. So you can imagine just how disgusted she was when she broke her thumb sliding into home. To make matters worse, she was called out by an umpire that clearly needed to get his vision checked...truly not being biased this time ;). Anyway, I finally took her to the doctor on Tuesday (the big incident occurred on Sunday) where x-rays revealed that she had a hairline fracture and they splinted it. On Wednesday evening I received a call from the clinic stating that the radiologist read the x-ray and that she needed to see a pediatric orthopedist. Fortunately I had the pleasure of working with a great one and was able to see him the next day where she bought a cast. At least it was a pretty one!! Yes, medical professionals truly make the worst of patients...this wasn't my first time, nor will it be my last.



I knew that the kit from My Creative Scrapbook would be perfect with all of the bright colors in Emily's cast. The frames make great embellishments to highlight her thumb and her cast. I stitched around the white cardstock with black thread and was so pleased with how it turned out. The yellow doilies are from Doodlebug which I had in my stash.


I fussy cut some flower clusters to use as embellishments around the frames. I left a small black border to make them pop.


The sticker sheet has three different alphas and I used two of them with this title. They are all good fonts and I found them extremely easy to use. Machine stitching is one of my favorite ways to add texture to a layout and the black thread really makes the layers stand out against one another.


 I love the dog and was determined to use him on a layout! Isn't he the cutest thing ever?! A 3x4 card was cut down and placed behind the black frame. The sentiment was absolutely perfect for these pictures and add so much to the story that I told. I added journaling underneath the title on the white cardstock.

I have a process video if you'd like to take a closer peek.


No comments:

Post a Comment