Saturday, April 2, 2016

It's Time to Hop....

A YouTube video hop has been orchestrated by Tuesdae Hubbard and I am thrilled to be included with this bunch of talented scrapbookers. I've linked each of the channels to make it easier to follow along in the hop. Here is the line up:



Our challenge was to use some type of ink or mist product and i chose to use my Shimmerz watercolors. They were a birthday present to me and I just received them and really had not had a chance to play with them very much. This set is the one that I chose to start with since it had a good variety of colors that I knew that I would love. I chose Coral Reef and Me & Blue to coordinate with the papers and embellishments that I chose for the layout (March Hip Kit).

Usually when I make a mixed media background, I start with a white cardstock as my base. However, I had recently watched a video of Missy's that inspired me to use my favorite paper of the kit as my background. I'm not going to lie...it was a huge step for me to put gesso on this page. I love the paper and my tendency is to hoard papers like this because they are just too pretty to cut up. While the end results of this layout are okay, it is not my favorite layout that I have ever made. You know what? I am completely fine with that and rather proud of myself for not only using the paper right away, but trying something out of my norm.


I love the layers of flowers in this cluster. I pulled out some wood veneer that I had leftover from a previous Hip Kit. The stamped hearts were added after I finished the layout because I missed that part of the suggested technique for the blog hop.


I need more of these sweet pink birds. I really wish companies would put more than one of my favorite die cuts in the pack or offer them for sale as a digital item. I would love to have more of these sweet birds and I have used both that were included in the die cut pack.


I cut down the word Loveliness to Love so that I could use it on this page. I didn't think that I would use the entire word and it is better to use it up while I can make it work instead of putting it in my stash.  


Here is a link to my video. Be sure and check out the other videos. Thanks so much and I hope that you have a great day!






No comments:

Post a Comment