Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Beyond the Collection

I have met my goal of three pages with this paper pack!  Y'all, this is big for me.  I usually do a page or two with a paper pack and then I move on.  I may eventually get back to it, or it may get lost in my stash or the donation pile.  I'm really trying to get better about using my things while I still like them.  I will say that I have used my favorites in this collection.  I'm not sure how many more layouts I will squeeze out, but I made myself commit to one more, minimum.  

I decided to make a companion page for the layout last week, except I wanted to go in a completely different direction.  I wanted this page to be a bit more reflective of my current style.  While I love last week's page for what it represented, it is not my favorite and that is totally okay.

I love the end result of this page.  I used most of the same papers and the flowers that I used on last week's page. I also pulled in some Maggie Holmes die cuts that were perfect additions for this page.The title is a mixture of a couple of my favorite alphas at the moment.  I just love the way that it turned out.


I added sequins and used the same word stickers which added the final touches of elegance that I was looking for in this layout.  

I want more of the Maggie Holmes flowers.  I still have plenty from the first collection pack, but these are some of my favorite and I can see myself using these time and time again.  

I have a process video if you are interested in taking a closer look.  


Supplies:
Carta Bella Sew Lovely Pretty Pattern
Carta Bella Sew Lovely Sew Sweet
Carta Bella Sew Lovely Lovely Floral
Maggie Holmes Flower ephemera
Crate Paper Confetti Cardstock stickers
Doily purchased at Studio Calico
Thickers Imprint Black and Gold
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Gold
Recollections photo corners

No comments:

Post a Comment