Thursday, October 8, 2015

Beyond the Collection

I have a small problem, but I'm really working on fixing it.  I have a hard time passing up on scrapbook supplies, especially patterned paper when it is being clearanced out.  So I decided to challenge myself and use one of the collections and see if I can get minimum of three layouts completed.  I will bring in items from my stash, because apart from a sheet of stickers, I have nothing else in the collection.  Using my stash is a good thing as well!  The collection I am using is the Sew Lovely collection by Carta Bella.

I love the way this layout turned out.  This photo of my in-laws is perfect for these papers.  My MIL loved the color pink and roses, so this made these papers even more perfect.  


I used some ric-rac and lace from my stash and sewed them onto the page.  I also stitched around a few of the paper layers for some additional texture.  Finally, buttons truly were the perfect embellishment and I stitched them down with some floss that matched the flowers.  Can you see the Heidi Swapp gold color shine on the roses.  I love the look of the gold mist on this page.


I have a process video if you would like to take a closer peek.  

No comments:

Post a Comment