Monday, January 4, 2016

Crafty Maven Getaway post a few days late :)

I'm up on the Crafty Maven channel along with Jen Stokes with a layout created that was inspired by the lovely Missy Whidden.  Missy is known for her mixed media and use of colors.  I decided to use my November Hip Kit because of all the bright colors with the silver embellishments.  I strolled through Missy's layouts and lifted little bits of different layouts, but the main thing was the spelling of Chrithmuth with the title.  I had already printed these pictures and knew that I wanted to do a layout, so when I saw her version I knew what I wanted to create. Here is a link to view her page, and here is my finished layout.
 
I used the silver paint dauber that was in the color add-on to help create the silver color to my modeling paste.  The stencil that I used was in the add-on as well. It's a little bit over the top for me and I wish that it wasn't quite so busy, but not every layout has to be perfect and I'm learning to embrace imperfection.

 
I used a mixture of fonts to create this title.  The aqua PinkFresh Studio letters were in the kit, and I also used October Afternoon mini market stickers in Peppermint and the Brighton Pier Thickers.  This was not my original title, but this change definitely was needed and gave more equal weight to the title. 

 
This little party penguin was adorable and I thought he'd be perfect on a page about losing your front teeth.  Why not? It was definitely a celebration for Emily. I couldn't find my supply list to write them down, but most everything I used is from the November 2015 Hip Kit.  If you have any questions, send me a message or leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer it. Here's a link to my video on the Crafty Maven channel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment