Wednesday, December 30, 2015

I'm a Clique Kit Guest Designer!

I was thrilled when Erica from Clique Kits asked me to guest design for the month of January, and was super excited when I saw this preview of the kit! Lately I have loved everything that Fancy Pants has released and this collection is no exception.  In addition to the kit I ordered the 6x6 paper pad and both sets of puffy stickers.  I can never have too many puffy stickers and the word stickers make perfect titles.



Here is the first layout that I created with the kit.



I used a Heidi Swapp stencil and light modeling paste to reinforce the plus sign theme of the patterned paper.  I added some white Dylusions mist droplets on the background as well. I also used pop dots under the word stickers to add some dimension to the clusters.


I love using labels as part of my clusters.  I find that they are a great spot for the date or small bits of journaling and help to anchor the cluster.


Glassine bags make perfect layering pieces, and I save them when I get them in a kit.  I love to put tags inside and journal on the tag.  I popped the picture up with regular craft foam that you can find at any craft store.  I use that for two reasons: it is cheaper, and offers a different thickness so that I can tuck things underneath and pop them over with my foam tabs.


I decided to outline the layers in black ink.  I will often do this when I'm using papers from different collections, but I felt like the lines would help bring more of a masculine feel to the layout.  I tied a bow on the tag with the twine that was included in the kit.  


I have a process video if you'd like to take a closer look at my process. 

supplies used:
January 2016 Clique Kit - Alegria
Tim Holtz tiny attacher
Dylusions white spray mist
Liquitex light molding paste
Heidi Swapp stencil

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Kelly - it's well deserved! You're off to great start with this fun layout and I'm totally with you on the puffy stickers - I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susan! I'm a puffy sticker addict :)

      Delete